Thandai – How To Make This Festival Drink
TIME– 30 mins
Sugar- 1.5 tsp
Saffron- 7 strands
Rose Water- 2 drops (optional)
Poppy seeds (khas khas)- 1 tsp
Fennel seeds (saunf)- 1tsp
Cardamom powder (elaichi)- 1/4 tsp
Use the above ingredients except saffron.
And instead use 15 Cannabis leaves (bhaang)
2. Cool down milk and add sugar. Take a tbsp of warm milk and soak saffron in it. Add a tsp of this mixture to the milk.
3. Peel the almond skin and grind it along poppy seeds, fennel seeds, cardamom powder and peppercorns to make a paste.
4. Add the mixture to milk. Mix it well and set aside for 15 mins, then strain it.
5. Discard the residue. Add remaining saffron milk (step 2) to the strained almond milk. Add 2 drops of Rose water
6. Refrigerate it for an hour.
7. Add crushed pistachio and saffron. You can even add dried Rose petals. Serve it chilled.
*Give a little resting time after the spice mixture is added to get blended well with Milk.
*Rose water is optional but adds great flavor to the drink.