Costa Coffee – Place For People Who Are Passionate About Their Coffee!
COSTA COFFEE according to me offers one of the best coffees in the country. It has the great range of authentic coffee drinks in their menu. Recently, I attended a Coffee Workshop at one of their newly revamped store located in SDA Market, Delhi.
Here, I actually got to know that there is alot behind a ‘cup of coffee’. From the farms, to the picking up the best quality, then a making a coffee isn’t that easy. But Costa has made it just so simple & beautiful for us, infact recently they have added some new additions to the Menu. Below are the details from the even I attended.
Hot Houses Concept
They have revamped their stores in SDA and Green Park. The objective was simple. They wanted to give our customers a new experience. Hence, decided to serve a selection of handcrafted food and beverages. The ‘Everything’s New Menu’ had some choice delights to offer including our refreshing chai, delectable samosas, London style carrot cake, salted caramel brownie and so much more.
In addition to the sweet and savoury quick bites, they also presented a range of sandwiches ranging from classics like Tomato Mozzarella Basil to Indian palette favourites such as Chicken and Paneer Tikka Sandwiches.
They also offered a selection of viennoiserie such as pulled chicken and cinnamon roll. They created a range of new breads and imported 10 types of cheese to give the new menu that extra something.
The biggest influence for this wave of change in our food, was the precious feedback from their customers over the years.
Here is the journey of Costa to Cup
- Costa have perfected their Mocha Italia blend over the last 40 years.
- It uses a blend of Arabica and Robusta beans.
- These beans come from several different countries – our exact recipe is a closely guarded secret.
- We use traditional Italian style drum roasters so the beans just roast in hot air.
- We slow roast our coffee in small batches of around 300kg and at temperatures between 200 – 240°C for between 18 and 22 minutes.
- Slower than a flame roasting process and more costly, but better quality.
- Beans are sealed in special air tight bags once roasted and the one way release valve on the front of the bag allows all the naturally produced gases to escape. This maintains the quality of the coffee.
From Cup to Community
At Costa, we’re as passionate about being a responsible business as we are about great coffee. So we’re doing all we can to make sure that serving a perfect coffee means serving a more responsible one.
We are committed to looking after coffee-growers and their environment. So in 2006, we set up the Costa Foundation to help provide children access to education and ensure that the people who grow our coffee and the land they grow it on, are carefully supported and sustained.
As a result, we source 100% of our unique Mocha Italia blend from Rainforest Alliance Certified™ Farms.
- Entire new range of costa food has been rolled out basis customer feedback over last few yrs
- New Breads and imported cheeses for sandwiches (10 types)
- Indian flavours like tandoori chicken tikka + paneer tikka
- Classics like tomato mozzarella basil
- Belgian couverture chocolate in the cakes
- London style carrot cake – Classic british (with walnuts + cinnamon+ butter icing)
- Viennoiserie like pulled chicken and cinnamon roll