10 Interesting Facts About Your Favorite Food
Content Writer: Vansh Digani
1. The word pizza first appeared in 997 AD. The term pizza first appeared in a Latin text from the southern Italian town of Gaeta in 997 AD.
2. In 1957, BBC celebrated their April’s fool day amazingly. They made people believe that Spaghetti grows on trees. This is believed to be one of the first times television was used to stage an April Fools Day hoax.
3. The oldest evidence of soup is from 6000 B.C. which was made of hippopotamus and sparrow meat.
4. Le Trio in Patan is best known for its “Mo:Mo cha with Jhol Achar”, which is basically Mo:Mos in a creamy soup. This meal is divine on a cold winter’s day.
5. Chocolate was once used as Currency. The Aztecs rulers demanded it as Tax.
6. 25% of Volume of apple contains air, that’s the only reason why they can float in Water.
7. The 100% ‘Real’ orange juice bought from the store is 100% artificially flavored in reality.
8. A row of corn always has an even number of corns. Ever noticed that?
9. India grows Rice in 4 colours. White and Brown are common but Red and Black are also found here.(Source: Timesofindia.indiatimes.com)
10. ‘TomTato’ is a plant that produces both Tomato and Potato